The doctor's appointment and sonogram went really well this morning. Baby Harper is measuring right on target and apparently, like Riley, has long legs. :-) She already weighs approximately 5 lbs and she's already head down and in the perfect birth position. I gained another 2 lbs so now have gained a total of 29 lbs for this pregnancy. All of my measurements were good as well. The doc seemed surprised that I passed my 3 hour glucose test which just made me smirk. He is obsessed with weight gain and was surprised when I passed with my first daughter as well. At least from this point on he'll go easier on me about the weight gain as long as I keep it within reason. Whew!
On a side note: one new thing that just came out is that the CDC is now recommending all pregnant women (and anyone that will be around baby on a regular basis) get a dTap vaccination (Pertussis/Whooping Cough) as well as the flu shot. There has been an outbreak of whooping cough in California that has already caused 19 infant deaths and they say it's headed this way. Yikes. Of course, they don't carry the vaccination at my doctor's office. I have to go to my primary care physician for that. Yeah, I don't have a primary care physician. **sigh**
Anyway, the morning has started off great so far. The doc even gave me some samples of Miralax to help me out with my plumbing now that we are at the tail end of the pregnancy. Yay for stool softeners! LOL. Now, I can happily look forward to all the yummy food we'll be eating over Thanksgiving! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment