Yes, it's that time. Riley has been showing all the signs that she's ready to potty train so I decided, since it's a 3 day weekend, to really get the ball rolling. I was inspired by the blog post How I Potty Trained My Daughter in 3 Days. I bought a set of panties to start her out with this morning and then when it looked like she was all for doing this, we went to Walmart and I let her pick out more.
She only had two accidents this morning and lots of "Mommy, I need to go potty! Hurry! Hurry!" The 1st accident was totally my fault. She'd just gone potty not 5 minutes earlier and then said she needed to go potty again. When I asked "Are you sure?" She said, "I go potty." and promptly peed. It shocked her because it wet her panties and ran down her legs. She immediately ran to the potty and said "Uh oh. I made a mess." LOL. I will not question her again in the future. hahaha.
We made a quick trip to Walmart a couple of hours later and just as we were walking out the door, Riley said "I gotta go potty mommy." We put everything down (including Harper) and ran to the bathroom where, sure enough, she peed. Yay Riley! At Walmart Riley picked out more panties all by herself... Dora, Minnie Mouse and Hello Kitty! I also picked up some skittles for a little treat to help encourage her.
She didn't quite grasp the concept of a special treat for going on the potty. She kept wanting more more more! When I tried to explain that the special treat was for when she went potty in the big girl toilet, she completely ignored me and started to throw a tantrum. I finally just walked away and let her wear herself out until she found another distraction. Other than that, she did really great.
She put all of her big girl panties into a special basket/bin next to her dresser as soon as she got up from her nap. The funniest part of the day was when she insisted on trying most of them on and then finally settled on two... that she HAD to wear at the same time. LOL. She loved running around in her panties and a tshirt and refused to put any shorts on cause she liked showing off her new panties so much.
This afternoon, she disappeared for a few minutes and next thing I new, she was waddling out of the bathroom and pulling up her panties and informed me that she went potty already. The last time she went before bed, I walked in to check on her and she said "I go potty. You go mommy. Go see Harper." I had a good laugh over that one. Cheeky little thing.


Yay! Great job, Riley! I hope that she continues to do well :)
ReplyDelete