Jimmy's home from New York for two days!!! Yesterday, at work around 4pm, I got three wrapped birthday presents that mysteriously said To: Mom, From: Riley Paige. I opened the gifts and surprise, surprise it's a Barnes & Noble Nook (ebook reader), cover and book light AND a $50 gift card!!! I immediately called Jimmy and said, "Where are you?" He insisted he was home in New York. When I grilled him about it, he still insisted he wasn't here. I asked coworkers who had dropped off the gifts and no one would admit letting him in the building. Grrrr. I was so frustrated! Anyway, after picking Riley up at daycare, I came home and got her out of the car. I turned around and guess who was peeking his head out the front door.... my husband!! And to top it all off, my mother hid an Outback gift card in the house for him to find and we're going to dinner and a movie tonight while his sister watches Riley!! This is definitely becoming a FANTASTIC week for me. :-)
Mommy Moment:
When Riley and I walked up to the front door, she got this surprised smile on her face when she saw Jimmy. She looked back and forth between me and him with that surprised smile like she was thinking, "Is that who I think it is?". When I said, "Look Riley, that's daddy! Daddy's home!" Her entire face lit up and she reached for him. She knows daddy! They played for the next half hour and she was ecstatic the entire time. When he went outside to talk on the phone, she crawled over to the sliding glass, stood up and pounded on it with the flat of her right hand and squealed until I picked her up and took her outside too. I love my family so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment