Monday, September 27, 2010
Poor Riley just can't win...
Well, Riley had a really good night last night. She went down about 6:45 and stayed down until I woke her up out of a sound sleep this morning. She was a little fussy and rubbing her eyes, but I attributed it to the fact that I'd just woken her up from her sweet dreams. By the time I got her to daycare, her teacher commented that her left eye was a little puffy and red, but she seemed fine. By 10:30 am, daycare called me to say her eye was definitely swollen and watering badly and Riley wouldn't quit rubbing it. So, I left work and ran her over to the pediatrician to get her checked out. Apparently, she scratched her eye right smack dab in the center of her cornea. :-( Because of the location of the scratch, her pediatrician said that I needed to call an Opthalmologist and have it checked out so we can make sure she hasn't done anything that could affect her long term vision. In the meantime, he gave me a prescription for an ointment that has to be applied to her eye 4 times daily. I spent the next hour and a half calling three different opthalmologists. One said immediately that they had no physicians available today. The second office was closed and the third office was over an hour away and didn't accept Riley's insurance. So I called the first office back and basically begged for an appointment. They said that right now the earliest appointments they had were being booked for January. After a few minutes, the lady came back on the phone and told me she could try to squeeze Riley in at 1:30 pm tomorrow but that we would likely be waiting there for several hours. Guess I'm taking the afternoon off from work. I just hope this is nothing serious and that it will heal quickly and right back to normal. Poor Riley.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment