Friday, September 24, 2010

The verdict is in....

Riley needs to have tubes after all. *sigh* I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of me is happy cause it means a lot less ear infections occurring, the other part of me is scared to death cause they will be putting her under gas anesthesia for 5 to 10 minutes and are going to make an incision on her ear drum in order to insert the tubes. It hasn't really sunk in yet, but the thought of our daughter going under general anesthesia and into surgery scares the daylights out of me. I have no idea how I'm going to handle the actual day of surgery. And yes, the day is actually set. She is due to have surgery in just a little over a week on Tuesday, Oct 5th! They also informed me when they found out she has her 9 month well check on the 1st that she can not have any vaccinations prior to surgery as it could effect the anesthesia. Soooo.... now I have to reschedule either her well-check or just the vaccinations. I'll probably just reschedule the well-check appointment because I can't afford any more time off from work. As it is, I have to figure out how I'm going to deal with having to take an entire day off for the day of surgery. They don't actually give you an appointment time until the day before and they say to be prepared to spend several hours at the surgery center. On a good note though, Riley will be back to normal and able to return to daycare the following day. I hate that I have to stress about making up work hours when I should be focusing on Riley's well being. Some days I feel like such a horrible mom. Okay, that's all I'm going to say for now. I still need to process all of this and do a little more research.

No comments:

Post a Comment