So, today was really fun! Riley and I, and my friend Tina and her daughter, Savanna (who's 6 days older than Riley) went to Lowry Park Zoo today. It was $5 Sunday so we couldn't resist. It was hot, hot, HOT out. Within the first 30 minutes of arriving, both Riley and Savanna had passed out. Once they woke up, we went to the kid's section of the zoo which also had a water play area. We doused both of their hats in the water and plopped them on their heads. They loved it! We got to the zoo around 10:30 and we left about 3:30pm. It was a long, hot day, but we all had a great time. Riley and Savanna didn't really pay much attention to the animals though. :-) Here are some pics of all the fun we had.
Riley's gets her own water. She's so smart.
Oh. My. God. Mom! There's WATER in there! (Or as Jimmy sees it... "I'm gonna be a body builder some day! Look, mom, I can do curls!"
Riley and Savanna at lunch time.
Back home Riley is wearing her new Baby Legs leg warmers / carpet burn protectors. Aren't they cute?
Mommy Moment:
This morning, while getting Riley ready to go to the zoo, I put her tennis shoes on and then set her on her feet on the carpet. When I carefully let go of her hands, she just stood there and kept her balance without holding on to anything for almost 3 full seconds. I was so proud!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment