This morning, her eye was barely puffy and she seemed much happier. She wasn't rubbing it as much and it was no longer red. I put her ointment in and daycare did as well at noon. I picked her up from daycare at 12:30 to head over to the doctor's office in St Pete. Her appointment was for 1:30, but they warned me ahead of time that I might be waiting for an hour or more cause they were trying to fit her in. I was okay with that. I just wanted to make sure her eye was okay. So, we got there at 1:25 and waited about an hour and a half before we got called. The doctor took a strip with drops on it and placed it on her eye. It's the same stuff her pediatrician applied when we saw him yesterday. The doctor then shined a blacklight over her eyes and whatever the drops touched glowed. Yesterday, the abrasion in the center of her eye was very obviously glowing. Today, nothing. NO ABRASION! The doctor looked closer with several lenses and said that if I hadn't told him she had scratched herself, he never would've known. He said he could barely see a slight irregularity at the edge of her cornea, but wasn't sure if that was from the scratch as he hadn't seen what we saw yesterday. He gave her a clean bill of health. We were in his office all of 5 minutes. I'm so so so so so glad she's just fine. It looks like the ointment worked perfectly and her eye is pretty much all healed.
On a lighter note, today when I picked Riley up from daycare, she was playing with Peter (the kid that bit her hand last month). I don't know what happened but suddenly he laid down on the floor and started crying. Ms. Laura and I looked at each other and back at the kids. Riley was standing by the toy shelf and she sat down next to Peter. She then laid her hand on his back and started rubbing it, then looked up at us. Peter was still crying and Riley had this look on her face like she couldn't decide whether to come to me like she usually does when I walk in or continue soothing Peter. She looked back at Peter and then started patting him on the head. Sadly, since she doesn't yet have full control over her motor skills, it was more like she was whacking him on the back of the head, but I guess it's the thought that counts. It was so cute and as Riley crawled away to come to me, Peter got up and walked behind her to gate, all better. Riley is such a sweetheart!!
No comments:
Post a Comment